Welcome to the Art for Hair Blog!

We love creating hand-crafted hair sticks, hair forks and matching jewelry to show off the beauty of long hair! Our blog features our designs, different ways to put long hair up, as well as how to care for and grow long hair and features on other Etsy craftspeople.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Featured Etsy Artists 4 - Kas' Kreations

This week's featured Etsy shop is fellow Team SquidEtsy member punkerkas, and her shop Kas' Kreations. This eclectic shop features wonderful photography as well as textile work. Here's our interview with Kas.

Tell us a little about your shop?
I sell crochet items, my photography in various print sizes, a few of my punk inspired DIY clothes and some other misc. items.

How did you discover Etsy?
Through a friend.

What were the first items you bought and sold on Etsy?
I first sold one of my photos and the first item I bought was a print of a really neat painting.

What are you working on right now?
Right now a '77 punk band dress, a Social Distortion scarf, and a Misfits beanie. I start so many projects at once so there is probably others that I forgot.

What is your favorite item in your shop?
My "Come Play" photo print. [see above]

What are your ambitions as an artist/craftsperson?
I love creating new things without a set plan and see what comes out. As far as my photography goes, it's a way for me to relax and capture weird scenes throughout Southwest Missouri. Hopefully I'll be able to expand out further from southern Missouri and find even more strange sites.

Anything else you'd like to tell us?
I do participate in SNS (when I'm at home at least) and offer 10% off your entire order during the Saturday Night Sales. Plus some surprise sales that will be listed in my shop announcement. [For more info on Etsy SNS, check out this page here]

Thanks so much for the interview, Punkerkas!

Visit Kas' Kreations now to see more of Kas' work and to purchase.

0 comments: