Welcome to the Art for Hair Blog!

We love creating hand-crafted hair sticks, hair forks and matching jewelry to show off the beauty of long hair! Our blog features our designs, different ways to put long hair up, as well as how to care for and grow long hair and features on other Etsy craftspeople.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Featured Etsy Artists 6 - Effie the Pixie

This week's featured Etsy artist is the lovely Yuko from Etsy shop Effie the Pixie. Feminine care products may not be what you expect to find on Etsy, but increasing numbers of women are turning to cloth, reusable pads instead of disposable sanitary wear. Yuko's products are functional, comfortable, and environmentally friendly, as well as cute and colorful. Here's our interview with Yuko:

Tell us a little about your shop?
I sell environmentally friendly cloth feminine care pads. I also sell greeting cards, although I haven't made a card for sale for a while due to not having enough time.

How did you discover Etsy?
Etsy appeared on a search result page back in 2006. I can't remember what I was searching for, but since then Etsy occasionally came up in search results. I finally joined at the end of 2007. Etsy changed a lot during this time.

What were the first items you bought and sold on Etsy?
The first item I bought was "Whipped Body Butter Samplers in Your Choice of Scents". The first item I sold was a Mother's Day Card.

What are you working on right now?
I am making mini round pads for makeup removal. Also I just started working on designing carrying pouch for the feminine pads. I am lucky to have wonderful customers who gave me these wonderful ideas.

What is your favorite item in your shop?
At this time, my favourite item is the Butterfly Pad Set [right]. I love the Butterfly fabrics. Paris Cat Pads [below] are also my favourite, as I like coordinating fabrics.

What are your ambitions as an artist/craftsperson?
My ambitions as a craftsperson is to make functional, comfortable, easy-to-care and pretty(most important) feminine pads that a woman cannot resist to use.

Anything else you'd like to tell us?
I appreciate all the customers who have been very supportive, helpful, and encouraging. I am very glad that they like the pads, and I am amazed how pleasant my experience in Etsy has been both as a buyer and a seller. I got to know some very nice people. Finally, thank you very much for the opportunity of this interview.

Thank you for the interview, Yuko! Check out Effie the Pixie at Etsy now for more information and to purchase. Yuko is a wonderful seller to buy from, with great communication and superfast shipping, as well as an awesome product! Yuko also has a wonderful blog, which gives information about her work and new items, as well as featuring other Etsy artists and craftspeople.

1 comments:

effiethepixie said...

Thank you for the interview!
I enjoy reading your blog and website.

I'm a big fan of your hairsticks:)